Sunday, April 10, 2011

The land mine field


Having hardwood floors is great, except at night in a quiet house when trying to get a baby asleep. Trying to avoid every squeak is like walking through a mine field and I think I have every spot on the floor mapped out in my head to avoid the squeak explosion.



This weekend's weather was so beautiful we went on a walk through Celery Flats with Nancy, Trevor, and Baby Jack. The walking was well needed on account of my lack of exercise I now get and I was pretty wore out by the end of the day. At my old job I walked about 5 miles a day and now I lay on the floor and play tummy time. Other then the "march of the babies" we perform every night to get them to sleep, this walk was long over due. Everyone did well until about 3/4 of the way through... they got a little restless and wanted to be held. So thankfully Nancy was kind enough to push an empty stroller as baby Jack was the best baby ever and slept most of the way. I think going to the grocery store earlier in the day threw our schedule off a little bit but it was still a wonderful day.



Silas has started reaching his hands out to be picked up now and it sure warms the heart when he reaches out for you. He seems to be doing something new or improving on old things everyday. Grace seems to have learned how to squeal in this really high pitch sound that I'm sure hurts the dogs ears, as it comes at the most random of times. It sounds like a cross between a warrior cry and a hyena. She finds it hilarious and smiles when she does it, which in turn, makes Sarah and I crack up.



Sarah took the babies outside on a blanket today, and it is so strange to think that this is the first time they really were in the sunlight. Even though she had them in the shade, the still kept their eyes squinted. Silas kept rolling over and wiggling his way to the edge of the blanket, and successfully got a fist full of grass twice. Luckily Sarah was quick enough to grab it from him before it made it into his mouth. The time sure is flying by so fast and I hope this warm weather lasts so we can move this craziness outside in the yard. Thank you to all the people who follow and read this blog and for the great feedback.

3 comments:

  1. Cory, you are a great writer and I love hearing about your babies. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went outside with our kids this weekend too (2.5 year old boy, 2 month old daughter). We kept Audrey pretty well covered, but I forgot to put sunscreen on Tyler... I'm fairly certain he got a slight sunburn on his cheeks as a result. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete