Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm Back!

Yes, this is really me this time and I am back in the game after my year long tour of Europe, Scandanavia, and the Sub-continent. If you get that reference then you too are a Blues Brothers fan. I know it's been too long, but school work was taking up alot of the free time I had with the reading,papers, and what not. I can assure you this time I will be posting something every couple of days and keeping you informed on the goings on here at chaos central. So where do I begin? Do I really want to bring you up to speed on everything that has taken place in a year? Not really, I'm just gonna jump right into it like I was never gone. Hey man, a life of a stay at home dad is busy and every spare minute counts.
I can say I probably have every book in our house memorized "Is spot under the stairs? No! Is he in the piano? No!" That spot sure can hide, you would think since he is a dog looking for another dog he could just smell him right? We read alot here and it's Grace's favorite thing to do. We have a ton of words down and can say what every picture in our picture book is, just not super clear, but I can tell they are trying to say it and they do know what it is. Lately colors are tricky and everything is either yellow or blue, or as they say "wellow an boo." But we are getting better everyday. Counting seems to be even harder because rather then count the objects they want to just tell me what it is so we march around the house together counting 1..2..3..and a 1..2..3.. I guess like boot camp but I'm a litte nicer, plus it helps wear them out before naps. I'm sure if the neighbors can see in the window the must think I'm crazy walking around the dining room into to living room and back quite a few times a day.
We have a big move coming up and I can't wait until we have a HUGE yard to run around in. We plan on having a big garden and even getting some chickens so when can have fresh eggs. More to come on the move in later posts. What's the difference between a boy and a girl, other then the obvious? Everything! When Si wakes up he is 100mph all day long until it's time to sleep. He runs everywhere and sometimes into everything which is why he always has a bruise on his head somewhere. Grace is a little spoiled.. ok alot spoiled and she is also so organized in the way she puts things in place and back in the right order. Si just does whatever usually it is rough and tumble. They play together great and fight even better, but for the most part they are best friends. They share with each other better then I would have shared with my brother, but in time I'm ready for the melt downs and "he/she took my toy." So until next time and yes, there will be a next time, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy.

Mr. Mom Moment of the Week: This happened a few months back but I thought I would share it. So I ran out of creamer for my coffee one morning, noticed Grace still had a milk bottle so I walked over got the bottle and squeezed the milk into my coffee. Don't freak out it was whole milk but I thought it was kinda funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment