Sunday, May 13, 2012

What's black, blue, and red?

Well, so far this week things have been pretty good and only a little blood, and some minor bruises. Any week free of major catastrophe I count as a good one. Silas got a bloody lip Tues. and I'm still not sure how. I was putting their lunch (mac and cheese, Annie's Homegrown makes a great kind) in their bowls when I heard a "thud!" When I went to pick him up his upper lip was bleeding, needless to say he was not happy. I didn't see anything around the couch area that could have caused it so it will remain a mystery. He's ok and food always seems to make his tears go away. As for Grace she fell running into the kitchen and hit her head on the transition strip, so she has a bump and bruise right smack in the middle of her forehead. Lately when she gets hurt she does this "ne ne ne" sound and I'm not sure what the heck it is or where it came from. I just say "I know I know" and comfort her. Just within the past week they have really become little chatter boxes and are starting to put together 2 and 3 words at a time like "hi doggy (aye dugdog)" or "hi mailman (aye mayma)". We wave at the mail lady everyday out the window and she gets a kick out of it and waves back.


Silas seems to be the talker of the two and Grace talks when she feels like it, or she has something important to say. The toy taking has started to really get heated and they always look at me as to say "What the heck, aren't you going to do something about this?" I gave them my empty container of coffee and you would have thought it was the greatest toy ever invented. Why is it the silly things like a box or newspaper turns out to be more fun then the toy you buy them? They fought over that thing and played with it for hours and still to this day they love to put things in it and shake it around. We were pretty busy this week going to the park to play with PaPa and then Aunt Britty came to vist. She bought Grace a purple tutu that she loves to wear. Thanks Aunt Bitty!


We went down to the school to play for the last time today and said hello to some neighbors. It takes us a long time to walk down the street because we like to stop and pick up sticks and grab flowers (dandelions) out of the yards. We are growing ever so anxious here to move so most of our toys are packed in boxes ready for the big moving day. It looks like Friday will be our day to move so the countdown begins. This house has been good to us and I have probably upgraded everything in it since we have lived here, so am I sad to see it go? NO WAY! The only one who likes this house and is sad to see us leave it is Malarie and I can't figure out why.

So bye bye neighborhood and hello country. This will be my last post until we move and get our internet, phone and dish hooked up on Monday so until then have wonderful week all.

Mr. Mom Moment of the Week: The sippy cups we have are just now starting to spill out of the tips and the kiddos know it. They shake them to get the milk out and love making a mess. A few days ago, I put them in their chairs for breakfast and gave them their milk as I got the food around. I didn't realize how much they were leaking so when I turned around I was shocked to see they both had a huge puddle of milk on their trays. Ya know what I did? That's right, I said what the hell and threw a hand full of cereal in the milk puddles and called it a morning, who needs a bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment